Mamut brings new choice for UK Mac business users with launch of AccountEdge products
New solutions offer upgrade path and increased flexibility for former MYOB customers.
London, UK – 24th March 2010 – Mamut Software, the European provider of business software for small and medium businesses (SMBs), today launches two new products, Mamut AccountEdge and Mamut AccountEdge Plus, expanding the critically acclaimed family of Mamut products to the Mac platform. The new products are part of a multi-year partnership with Acclivity, global developers of the award-winning AccountEdge series of accounting software. |
Previous MYOB* users will find that AccountEdge Plus is the first networked AccountEdge product in the UK on Mac OSX, allowing multiple users to be in the same accounting files at the same time. Furthermore, thanks to Mamut AccountEdge, users will have a Mac-specific accounting application that offers great reporting in an intuitive, easy to use program. Additional features include a Business Insights feature, which allows users to easily view information about business critical data and an integrated Google Map functionality which allows users to pin point a customer’s location and get directions.
Bryan Richter, UK Country Manager for Mamut, explains, “We’ve been listening to the feedback from previous AccountEdge users and have evolved the product family accordingly by including new features, such as the networking functionality, which previous products had lacked. The launch of this generation brings the AccountEdge range bang up to date with the latest UK compliance requirements and coincides with the start of the 2010/11 payroll tax year.”
Julian M Clarke, Managing Director, SME Financial Systems states, “It’s great to see the Mac range of software being broadened like this – it will remind users that there is much more to the Mac platform than just excellent graphic design software. Mamut is a serious European player in the software industry and its ongoing support for the Mac platform is significant. Thanks to Mamut AccountEdge, users will have a genuine choice when it comes to Mac specific accounting applications. At the same time, graphic designers and other 'creatives' may be not be aware that the Mac they use for their creative work can also manage the finances for their business.”
Mark Hill, proprietor of Yorkshire-based accounting practice Simple Accounting Limited, adds, “In the past, Macs have not been the most obvious computers to use for managing complex businesses. Businesses with complex stocks, manufacturing, or large telesales desks have generally relied on bespoke PC software. This is all set to change. The new networking power of Mamut AccountEdge makes UK Macs competitive in a radically different business arena."
Jonathan White, Accounting Software Specialist at J.F. White concludes, “Mamut AccountEdge takes accounting on Mac up to a new level. The emphasis on usability, having access to quick insights into business critical data and the ability for several users to simultaneously in-put data are all developments that will be warmly welcomed within the Mac accounting community.”
Mamut AccountEdge’s new features include:
The product is available directly from Mamut and through associated resellers and channel partners in the UK.
- Business Insights: Allows users to calculate important financial ratios, providing current information about profits, turnover, and operating balances
- Google Maps and View Directions: View a map or get turn-by-turn directions to the exact location of a customer, employee, vendor or personal contact
- Network Edition: With the addition of AccountEdge Plus, multiple users will be able to be in the accounting files at the same time. For example, users can have their bookkeeper pay the bills while the sales team are simultaneously creating invoices
- New Form Customisation Tools: A new format palette makes forms customisation easier and more intuitive. Add text, and easily change the style. Insert images, shapes and fields, and quickly resize and rotate them to create the look users want
- Contact List Searching Improvements: New filters will help to further define user searches. When searching through their contacts, items, etc., users can now define their search term with “Contains” or “Starts with” to further narrow their results
- Card File Action Menu: Easy access to a variety of card-related options allows users to complete multiple tasks without having to leave the card screen. Users can create letters, send emails, find transactions and more as well as quickly creating a sale directly from a Customers contact Card
- Enhanced Applescript Dictionary: An enhanced Applescript dictionary allows developers and users familiar with Applescript to build integrations with other applications
Founded in 1994, Mamut (OSE “MAMUT”) is a leading European provider of complete, integrated software solutions and internet services for SMEs. Mamut offers complete and user-friendly solutions at the best value for money integrating CRM, sales force, logistics, accounting, e-commerce, domains, e-mail, web hosting and security. More than 400,000 European customers simplify their daily business with solutions from Mamut. Further information about Mamut and the company’s products can be found at www.mamut.com
About Acclivity LLC
Acclivity develops, sells, and supports award-winning small business accounting and management software for Macintosh and Windows platforms. www.acclivitysoftware.com
For more information, please contact:
Bryan Richter, UK Managing Director, Tel.+44 (0)208 834 1619, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ed Sherry, PR contact for Acclivity, e-mail: email@example.com
Tris Clark, Hill & Knowlton for Mamut, Tel. +44 (0)207 413 3502, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
* Note to Editors:
In April 2008, Mamut acquired the UK Business Division of MYOB, and under the agreement Mamut gained distribution rights to the MYOB and DOSH brand names and product range in the UK. The launch of Mamut AccountEdge comes ahead of MYOB’s termination of support for MYOB UK Windows products in April 2010 and Mac solutions in April 2011.