London, UK – 14 December 2009 – Mamut Software, the European provider of business software for small and medium businesses (SMBs), today announced that it will be launching two new products, Mamut AccountEdge and Mamut AccountEdge Plus, for the Apple Macintosh platform. The new products will launch in the UK in April 2010 and will be released as part of a multi-year partnership with Acclivity, global developers of the award winning AccountEdge series of accounting software.
In April 2008, Mamut acquired the UK Business Division of MYOB, and under the agreement Mamut gained distribution rights to the MYOB and DOSH brand names and product range in the UK. Mamut AccountEdge builds on the success of MYOB’s Mac products, and will include a new streamlined interface, offering improved navigation and appearance over previous MYOB offerings.
It includes several new innovations such as a Business Insights feature which allows users to easily view information about business critical data such as financial ratios, turnover, profits and operating balances and an integrated Google Map functionality which allows users to pin point a customer’s location and source directions.
“With the arrival of Mamut AccountEdge in the UK, Mac users will be able to take advantage of richer functionality. The release will give MYOB Mac users a valuable chance to catch up with the various developments in the market that have taken place since MYOB withdrew from the UK in 2008,” said Bryan Richter, UK Country Manager for Mamut, when explaining the significance of the new release. “Mamut is very pleased to continue driving forward the evolution of Mac products within the UK market.”
“The UK is fertile ground for Mac small business and we’re thrilled to be developing a fully localised version of AccountEdge for Mamut,” said Scott Davisson, Acclivity Managing Partner. “Acclivity’s long been committed to developing world-class software for small businesses that choose Macs and we’ve found the perfect partner in Mamut.”
Mamut will also be offering existing MYOB customers in the UK the opportunity to upgrade to the Mamut AccountEdge solution at a discounted price.
“This is a really positive development for MYOB Mac customers,” said Jonathan White, a leading independent chartered accountant. “A significant number of our customers currently use the Mac version of MYOB. They will be reassured that this agreement between Mamut and Acclivity will enable them to continue with this market leading product on their preferred platform.”
Mamut AccountEdge will be available directly from Mamut and through associated resellers and channel partners in the UK. The below are just some of the new features which will be included in the product at launch:
- Business Insights: Allows users to calculate important financial ratios, providing current information about profits, turnover, and operating balances
- Google Maps and View Directions: View a map or get turn-by-turn directions to the exact location of a customer, employee, vendor or personal contact
- New Form Customisation Tools: A new format palette makes forms customisation easier and more intuitive. Add text, and easily change the style. Insert images, shapes and fields, and quickly resize and rotate them to create the look users want
- Contact List Searching Improvements: New filters will help to further define user searches. When searching through their contacts, items, etc., users can now define their search term with “Contains” or “Starts with” to further narrow their results
- Card File Action Menu: Easy access to a variety of card-related options allows users to complete multiple tasks without having to leave the card screen. Users can create letters, send emails, find transactions and more as well as quickly creating a sale directly from a Customers contact Card
- Network Edition: With the addition of AccountEdge Plus, multiple users will be able to be in the accounting files at the same time. For example, users can have their bookkeeper pay the bills while the sales team are simultaneously creating invoices
- Enhanced Applescript Dictionary: An enhanced Applescript dictionary allows developers and users familiar with Applescript to build integrations with other applications
Founded in 1994, Mamut (OSE “MAMUT”) is a leading European provider of complete, integrated software solutions and internet services for SMEs. Mamut offers complete and user-friendly solutions at the best value for money integrating CRM, sales force, logistics, accounting, e-commerce, domains, e-mail, web hosting and security. More than 400,000 European customers simplify their daily business with solutions from Mamut. Further information about Mamut and the company’s products can be found at www.mamut.com
About Acclivity LLC
Acclivity develops, sells, and supports award-winning small business accounting and management software for Macintosh and Windows platforms. www.acclivitysoftware.com
For more information, please contact:
Bryan Richter, UK Managing Director, Tel.+44 (0)208 834 1619, e-mail: email@example.com
Ed Sherry, PR contact for Acclivity, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tris Clark, Hill & Knowlton for Mamut, Tel. +44 (0)207 413 3502, e-mail: email@example.com